Homemade soft pretzels
Homemade soft pretzelsCourse: Pastry Recipes
500g Lamb brand soft white bread mix
300g Maltese’s sausage, browned and crumbled
2 handfuls of fresh baby spinach, chopped
250g mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 Maltese ġbejna
1tsp. Lamb brand baking soda and some water
Lamb brand salt
Lamb brand sesame seeds
Lamb brand dried parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Prepare dough following the instructions on the back of the package.
- In a bowl, combine cooked Maltese sausage, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, mozzarella and ġbejna. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide dough into pieces. Stretch and roll each piece into a long rectangle. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the spinach mixture into the center of the dough. Roll the dough tightly, making sure no cheese is exposed, into a tight rope. Twist and shape the rolls into a pretzel shape and transfer to a prepared baking dish.
- Add baking soda to a shallow bowl filled with warm water. Whisk until the baking soda is dissolved. Brush baking soda solution onto each pretzel. Let set until the pretzels have dried, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and sesame seeds.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until pretzels are golden and serve.