Mediterranean-esque Chickpea Salad
Mediterranean-esque Chickpea SaladCourse: Salads Recipes
3 cans drained and rinsed chickpeas
1 can drained and squeezed artichoke hearts, chopped
1 small red onion, sliced thin
Handful fresh parsley, chopped
1 or 2 Roma/paste tomatoes diced
1 T lemon juice
3 T red wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 tsp salt or to taste
1/2 tsp dried oregano
Black pepper to taste
- Mix dressing first so it can meld.
- Taste and modify as desired.
- Combine salad ingredients and toss with dressing.
- Chill/marinate in the fridge for a few hours before serving.
- Would be great with cucumber! I’d cut into spears and slice to make quarter-coins. Garnish with a bit more of that fresh parsley and feel free to use fresh oregano if your garden has it.