Leftover Pot Pie
Leftover Pot PieCourse: Main Food Recipes, Pastry Recipes
1-2 onions (white but can sub with red), roughly chopped
1 shallot (can sub with onion), roughly chopped
8 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
1 butternut squash, diced
1.5lbs pre-cooked shredded meat (I used chicken thighs ‘n breast but could be beef, pork, turkey)
Few Tbsps butter
1-1.5 cups heavy cream
1 cup runny yoghurt (e.g. greek)
Some cooking or white wine
1 cup frozen peas
Few Tbsps of chilli flakes
1 thawed puff pastry
- In an oven-safe pan, melt the butter and sauté your chopped onions/garlic/shallots for 3-4 mins. Season with salt & pepper.
- Add chopped squash and celery (or radish), season some more and cook down for 3-4 mins.
- Pour in the wine and let simmer for 2-3 mins.
- Add chilli flakes and pour in the heavy cream & yoghurt. Season with salt & pepper.
- After simmering for a few minutes, add the shredded meat and stir in the peas. Take off the heat!
- Layer your puff pastry on top, score a couple of vents and pop it in the oven at 375F for 1hr-1hr10m. Keep an eye every 20 mins to make sure the pastry isn’t over-cooking — if it’s getting too browned at the 50m mark, cover with some foil and keep cooking.
- When cooked to perfection, take it out ‘n let rest for 10mins before diving in.