Korean-style Fried Chicken Wings with Gochujang Sauce Recipe
Korean-style Fried Chicken Wings with Gochujang Sauce is an absolute must-try recipe for anyone who loves spicy and crispy chicken wings. With this easy-to-follow recipe, you can make restaurant-quality chicken wings right in the comfort of your own home. So, what are you waiting for? Get cooking and indulge in the irresistible taste of Korean-style Fried Chicken Wings with Gochujang Sauce!
- 2 lbs chicken wings, separated into drumettes and flats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup gochujang sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Preheat the oven to 200°F.
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
- Dip chicken wings into buttermilk and then dredge them in the flour mixture.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pot or deep fryer to 375°F. Fry chicken wings for about 12-15 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.
- In a small saucepan, mix gochujang sauce, honey, soy sauce, and rice vinegar. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Toss fried chicken wings in the gochujang sauce until evenly coated.
- Place the wings on a baking sheet and keep them warm in the oven until ready to serve.