With this amazing homemade chicken nuggets recipe, get ready to step up your chicken nugget game! These golden, crispy nuggets are not only wonderfully tasty, but also surprisingly simple to create. These handmade chicken nuggets with creamy gouda sauce will undoubtedly become a crowd favorite whether you’re hosting a family meal, a simple get-together, or a game night!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil, for frying
For the Gouda Sauce:
- 1 cup grated Gouda cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized nuggets.
- Combine the flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper in a shallow dish.
- In another dish, beat the eggs.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a third dish.
- Dip each chicken nugget into the flour mixture, then into the beaten eggs, and finally coat it with breadcrumbs. Repeat until all the chicken nuggets are coated.
- Using a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm the vegetable oil.
- Fry the chicken nuggets in batches for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown and thoroughly cooked. To drain the extra oil, remove them and set them on a plate covered with paper towels.
- Transfer the cooked nuggets to a baking sheet and keep them warm in the preheated oven while you make the Gouda sauce.
- For the Gouda sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Gradually whisk in the milk and continue cooking until the sauce thickens.
- After turning off the heat, add the grated Gouda cheese and stir until it is melted and smooth. To taste, add salt and pepper.
- Serve the homemade chicken nuggets with the Gouda sauce on the side.