Chicken stir fry is a quick and easy meal that can be tailored to your taste preferences in a variety of ways. But did you know that by including a few high-protein ingredients, you can transform this already nutritious meal into a protein powerhouse?
For the stir fry:
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Garlic salt & pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 6 oz. snap peas
- 4 oz. chopped broccoli florets
- 4 oz. sliced mushrooms
For the sauce:
- 1/8 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tbsp ponzu sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat a large wok over medium/high heat with olive oil.
- Season your chicken to taste with garlic salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, to taste. Add to your hot wok and cook until the chicken is fully cooked.
- While your chicken is cooking, make your sauce. Whisk all the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- Set the chicken on a plate and set it aside. Drizzle more olive oil in your wok if needed and then sauté your garlic & ginger until fragrant.
- Add in your red bell pepper, snap peas, and broccoli. Sauté for about 4-5 minutes and then add your mushrooms. Cook for another two minutes.
- Add your chicken back into your skillet. Reduce the heat to low and add your sauce. Let simmer for 5 minutes and enjoy!