Gnocchis with tofu and eggplant is a flavorful and healthy Italian dish that’s perfect for anyone looking for a satisfying meatless meal. This recipe features soft and fluffy gnocchis made from potatoes, flour, and salt, paired with savory tofu cubes and roasted eggplant. The dish is seasoned with a blend of Italian herbs and spices for a burst of flavor in every bite.
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 eggplant
- 1 block of firm tofu
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of dried basil
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Peel and boil the potatoes until they are soft. Drain them and mash them in a large bowl.
- Cut the eggplant into small cubes and place them on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until they are soft and lightly browned.
- While the eggplant is baking, cut the tofu into small cubes and add it to the mashed potatoes. Mix well.
- Add the flour, salt, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and dried basil to the potato and tofu mixture. Mix well until you have a smooth dough.
- Flour a flat surface and roll the dough into long ropes that are about 1 inch in diameter. Cut the ropes into small pieces that are about 1 inch long.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the gnocchis to the water and cook for 2-3 minutes or until they float to the surface.
- Drain the gnocchis and toss them in a pan with the baked eggplant cubes. Serve and enjoy!
To make the perfect gnocchis with tofu and eggplant, there are a few tips that you should keep in mind. Firstly, be sure to mash the potatoes well and remove any lumps. This will ensure that your gnocchis have a smooth texture. Secondly, be sure to bake the eggplant until it’s soft and lightly browned. This will help to bring out its flavor and make it more tender. Lastly, be sure to use firm tofu for this recipe, as it will hold its shape better during cooking.