Extra Cheesy Pizza MargheritaCourse: Dough Recipes, Italian Kitchen, Snacks
12,5 g fresh yeast or 2 tsp dry yeast
50ml olive oil
1 tsp salt
0,5 tsp sugar
200 g crushed tomatoes (passata)
0,5 tsp salt
1 clove garlic
1 tbs olive oil
2 tbs tomato paste
1 tbs red balsamic vinegar
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp oregano
200 g mozzarella
- Activate the yeast in warm water.
- Add the other ingredients for the dough and knead for about 4 – 7 minutes. Put the dough in a big bowl, cover and let it rise at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Mince the garlic and sizzle it in olive oil.
- Mix in the tomato paste and then mix in the other ingredients for the sauce. Let it boil and then simmer for about 20 minutes, stir sometimes while it’s simmering.
- Let the pizza sauce cool down before using it on the pizza.
- Set the oven to 250 °C.
- Roll out the dough and put it on a baking tray with baking paper.
- Spread the sauce on the pizza dough and top with the cheese.
- Bake it in the oven until it gets good color.