Currant Sponge CakeCourse: Dessert Recipes, Pastry Recipes
Sugar 2 glasses
Wheat Flour 3 tablespoons
Red currant jelly 10 tablespoons
Butter 250 g
Cherry syrup 10 tablespoons
Ground coffee 1 tsp
Coffee liqueur 1.5 tablespoons
Condensed milk 380 g
Walnuts 0,6 glasses
Pastry decorations to taste
- For the dough, beat the eggs in a blender. You can beat whites and yolks separately, but here it doesn’t matter – and faster. In beaten eggs, while continuing to beat, add sugar in three doses. The mass should rise and turn white. Then enter the flour in three doses – a tablespoon with a slide.
- Lightly grease two baking dishes with a diameter of 30 cm with butter and sprinkle with flour; shake off excess flour. Spread into forms, send in the oven, preheated to 180-220 degrees, for half an hour. Willingness to check with a toothpick or a skewer: it should easily enter the cakes and go out without a sticky dough. If you are not sure that two shortcakes delivered at the same time will bake equally well, bake them in turn.
- Prepared cakes should be allowed to cool. Then you need to cut each in half horizontally to make four Korzh.
- For the cream, make coffee with a teaspoon of boiling water, let it brew for 5 minutes, then strain it through a strainer. Allow to cool.
- Mix the softened butter. To enter, continuing to shake up, coffee. Then – coffee liqueur. Then – in 3-4 receptions – condensed milk. In the finished mixture to enter finely chopped walnuts
- Apply currant jelly on two cakes, on the other two – cherry syrup. Let it soak for 10–15 minutes. Then apply a layer of cream on the first cake with currant jelly, put a second cake on top, with cherry syrup, put a layer of cream – and do the same with the remaining cake layers. Top and side smear the cake with the remaining cream and decorate with confectionary dressing.
- Put in the fridge overnight so that the cake is held together and soaked in flavors.