Chicken & Coconut Laksa
Chicken & Coconut LaksaCourse: Asian Kitchen
2 Chicken Breasts
2 Egg Noodle Nests
4 Spring Onions
2 Garlic Cloves
(I also added 1tsp Ginger Purée which wasn’t in the Gousto recipe)
50g Coconut Cream
900ml Boiling Water
40g Red Thai Curry Paste
20ml Sriracha Sauce
10ml Soy Sauce
2 Dried Kaffir Lime Leaves
1tbsp Curry Powder
1/2tsp Ground Turmeric
- Slice the chicken, finely chop the garlic, onion and 1 spring onion. Chop the remaining 3 spring onions into thirds.
- Cook the onion in a large wok for 4 minutes with oil. When caramelized, add the curry powder and turmeric for a further 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile dissolve the coconut cream, soy sauce and sugar in boiling water.
- Add the garlic, kaffir lime leaves & thai paste to the onions for 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut stock and 10ml of the sriracha sauce to the onions and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the egg noodles, chicken, spinach and spring onion thirds into the sauce.
- Bring to the boil over a high heat and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Squeeze in the juice of half a lime and stir then serve the laksa in bowls and garnish with 1/4 of a lime and the finely chopped spring onion.