Anchovy Garlic PastaCourse: Pasta Recipes, Seafood Recipes
2 garlic cloves, minced
80g pasta of your choice (I like bucatini)
Salt and pepper
- Cook your pasta in salted boiling water according to the packet’s instructions (but taste it as you go, you want it to still have some bite).
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan add a good glug (4-5 tablespoons) of olive oil and garlic. Put on a low heat and cook for a couple of minutes. You don’t want the garlic to burn, just perfume the oil.
- Next add the anchovies (dw they will melt into the sauce, anchovy haters!) a pinch of chilli flakes and a good squeeze of tomato paste. Cook everything down for 2-3 minutes.
- When the pasta is almost cooked, add it into the sauce with a mugful of pasta water. You want to cook the pasta into the sauce for a couple of minutes, so the sauce thickens and goes glossy.
- Plate up and serve with a scattering of pumpkin seeds, basil and a grating of parmesan.