Oily sun-dried tomato with ail confit pastaCourse: Italian Kitchen, Pasta Recipes
around 250g of sundried tomatoes and add them at the end if yours are from a jar (at the same time as the pasta)
300g of pasta
4 garlic cloves
olive oil (no need for the expensive stuff)
parmesan or pecorino (optional)
salami or chorizo (optional)
Crushed chili flakes (optional)
Sliced hot pepper (optional)
- Slice 3 cloves of garlic thinly as seen in the second pic and dice your 4th clove.
- Chop your tomatoes and your salami (optional).
- Boil some water and cook your pasta according to the package (reserve some pasta cooking water).
- Add a lot of grounded black pepper to the pan (medium heat) and let toast until fragrant. (I’m telling you, toasting your ground black pepper is a game-changer!)
- Add oil to a pot and put it to medium-high heat. Once it’s hot, add the sliced garlic and keep them in until they become just slightly golden, then transfer the confit garlic and oil to the pepper pan.
- Add the salami, diced garlic, chili flakes, sliced hot pepper (optional), and chopped tomatoes to your pan.
- Once everything has a nice color (golden) and the tomatoes have plumped up, add some cooking water and cheese (optional) as well as oregano to your pan. Keep stirring so that everything emulsifies and add more water if needed.
- Once the pasta is ready, drain it and add it to the pan. Add some fresh basil or parsley and more cooking water if needed if you feel like sauce hasn’t come together yet and keep stirring. Once it looks good to you, simply serve and enjoy!