Sun-Dried Tomato And Shallot LinguineCourse: Main Food Recipes, Pasta Recipes
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 medium shallots, finely sliced
4 garlic cloves, sliced
Salt and black pepper
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 Tbsp fresh oregano (1 tsp dried oregano)
1/2 cup tomato puree
2 Tbsp tamari sauce
2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1/2 cup oil-packed sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
Linguine of choice
Toasted pine nuts and parsley to serve
- Heat a large heavy-based saucepan on medium-high heat. Once hot add the olive oil, and then the shallots and season well.
- Stir frequently and cook the shallots until the pan starts to brown, about 5 mins. Add a few spoons of water and continue cooking, adding more water every few minutes and stirring frequently to prevent burning. Keep doing this until the shallots are deep golden brown – about 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and add the garlic slices. Cook for another 5-10 minutes then add the chilli flakes and oregano. Stir to coat the shallots and garlic.
- Now add the tomato puree, tamari, nutritional yeast, and sundried tomatoes and stir to combine. Turn the heat to low. Let the sauce reduce until it is a deep brown.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions reserving about 1 cup of the cooking water, then drain the pasta.
- Add a few spoons of the pasta water to the sauce and stir. Add the cooked pasta and more water if needed until all of the pasta is coated.