Spanish Style Chicken & Chorizo Stew
Spanish Style Chicken & Chorizo StewCourse: Spanish Kitchen
1/4 chorizo sausage – diced
1 red onion – diced
1/2 red pepper – diced
1/2 yellow pepper – diced
1 garlic clove – finely chopped
2 chicken breasts – cubed
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 can chopped tomatoes (400g)
1 can chickpeas/butter beans (200g)
1 tbsp tomato purée
100ml chicken stock
1 tsp lemon juice
- In a dry pan, fry the chorizo, onion and garlic for 5 mins or until the chorizo is browning on the outside then stir in the spices.
- Add the peppers and cook for another minute.
- Add the chicken, and cook for a further 5 minutes until the chicken browns slightly.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, chickpeas, paprika and chicken stock.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer, partly covered, for 25-30 mins or until the chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Stir the lemon juice through, season and serve with crusty bread, rice, baked potato etc.