Seared Scallops With Parmesan Orzo And Roasted Brussel Sprouts Recipe
- 1/2 lb sea scallops
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup orzo
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook orzo in 2 Tbsp of hot oil in a saucepan, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes or until the orzo is golden brown. Add garlic and stir for 20sec.
- Add broth, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 13 to 15 minutes or until orzo is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, and stir in cheese.
- While orzo is cooking, Pat scallops dry. Sprinkle with salt + pepper. Cook scallops in 2 Tbsp hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes per side.
I made this recipe for dinner last night and it turned out delicious!