Salmon CakesCourse: Seafood Recipes, Snacks
1 Lb salmon skinless fillet
1 Cup onion, chopped
3/4 Cup red bell peppers, chopped
1/2 Cup parsley, chopped
1 Cup bread crumbs
2 eggs, beaten
3 Tbsp mayonnaise
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp garlic powder, divided
3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
2 Tbsp butter, soften
Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place salmon on a baking sheet, drizzle with Worcestershire sauce and 1 tbsp olive oil, and season with 1/2 tbsp garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat the oven and bake salmon uncovered for about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, I’m a skillet melt 1 Tbsp butter, add onions and red bell peppers and saute until they become soft and golden.
- Once the fish is done, let it cool at room temperature then break into large flakes.
- Place cooled salmon, sauteed onions, red bell peppers, parsley, bread crumbs, eggs, mayonnaise, 1/2 tbsp garlic powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix until evenly combined.
- Portion mixture into patties, around 3 tablespoons each.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp butter in a large skillet. Fry fish cakes in batches until brilliant brown, about 3 to 4 minutes for every side over medium heat.