Potatoes with hogao with Paipa cheeseCourse: Colombian Kitchen, Main Food Recipes
500 g (3 potatoes) cut into quarters
Salt and pepper to taste
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1 long chopped onion stem
1 tsp minced garlic
2 grated tomatoes
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tbsp white vinegar
1 tbsp chopped coriander
100 g (1/2 cup) Paipa cheese grated
- Cook the potatoes submerged in boiling salted water for 15 minutes. Take them out of the water.
- In a hot skillet with oil and butter, cook the potatoes over low heat until golden brown then remove them.
- In the same pan add the onion, garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Place the tomato, cumin, salt and pepper to your liking. Stir and cook for 3 more minutes on high heat.
- Put the cilantro and cheese, lower the heat and stir well until the cheese is well melted.
- Serve the potatoes with the hogao on top and decorate with more chopped cilantro.
- Bon Appetite!