Lentil CurryCourse: Indian Kitchen, Vegetarian Recipes
1, 1/2 cup of small lentils
3 (or more) cups of water
1 carrot (grated)
2 cloves of garlic
Can of tomatoes
Tablespoon curry powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp paprika powder
1/2 tsp of salt
- Chop the onion, add it to a pan with a bit of oil, fry on medium heat until fragrant.
- Add your minced garlic and let it sauté real nice.
- Add all the spices, then your grated carrot.
- Mix everything together for a few minutes then add your lentils.
- Add in your water and let it come to a simmer.
- Once it simmers for about 20 minutes, add your tomatoes and cover for another 20-30 minutes (yes for some reason my lentils took forever to cook, so keep checking on them).
- Once it’s done, enjoy with some rice on the side and a green salad!