Easy To Make Dinner RollsCourse: Dessert Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Snacks
2/3 cup of warm milk
2/3 cup of warm water
1/4 cup of melted, unsalted butter
1/4 cup of sugar
3 teaspoons of active dry yeast
1 teaspoon of salt
4 cups of all-purpose flour, plus some for dusting
- In a bowl combine water, milk and melted butter and one beaten egg.
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry and mix until it forms the dough.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead it for 10 minutes, or until the dough is smooth.
- Put the dough in the bowl and cover the bowl with the lid or plastic wrap. Let the dough rest for 1 hour.
- After the dough is doubled in size turn it onto a floured surface and knead it for a minute.
- Divide the dough into 16 pieces.
- Shape the balls and place them on the parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Cover them with a tea towel and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Before baking brush the rolls with the beaten egg.
- Bake in the preheated oven (375F / 190C) for about 30 minutes.
- *If you want you can brush them with the butter as soon as you take them out of the oven.