Classic Swedish Mud Cake With Autumn FlavoursCourse: Dessert Recipes
250 ml white sugar
250ml brown sugar
1 tbs Madagascar vanilla extract or 2 tsp vanilla powder
200ml self-rising flour
6 tbs coco powder
half a stick of cinnamon
half a nutmeg
a half thumb size ginger
approx 1 tsp butter and about 200ml bread crumbs for glancing the cake shape to not stick.
- Frostig :
250g cream cheese
2 tsp ground cinammon
1 tsp ground Nutmeg
1 tsp ground cloves
6 tbs icing sugar
2 tsp Madagascar vanilla extract / 1 tsp vanilla powder
1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Put your oven on 200 degrees and start crushing your seasoning your cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in you mortar. Now grate your ginger.
- Start melting your butter and add all of your pumpkin spice ingredients into it. Stir until butter is fully melted and then let it sit while you continue with the rest of the batter.
- Add your egg and sugar into a bowl and blend well. Use a colander to filter the spices out of the melted butter and pour the clear flavored butter into your batter.
- Add your vanilla and cocoa and flour and blend it well. Glaze your cake form with some butter (unmelted) and sprinkle breadcrumbs until the bottom and sides are covered so your cake doesn’t stick.
- Pour your batter into your cake form and put it in the oven for 12-15 mins depending on your oven and how muddy you want your cake. After 10 min check your cake and when you see the sides are starting to dry up you shake it slightly to make sure it’s still quite wet in the middle, this would create the perfect mud cake as you will cool it in the fridge.
- Take out your cake and let it cool, when the cake Is cool put it in the fridge until solid and cold.
- When making frosting make sure your butter is not melted but soft enough to blend. Add your cream cheese and blend very evenly after every tbs of icing sugar to make sure no pieces are left (if possible use electric whisk or put into the blender for perfect finish) add your vanilla and all the pumpkin spice seasoning and leave to settle in the fridge until cake is cold.
- Now when your cake is cold start icing your cake nicely (make sure your cake is cold! If you have little time place it in the freezer for quicker effect but only when not too warm otherwise it will sink)
- Add any preferred biscuit similar to gingerbread cookie or biscoff and sprinkle it on top, add some pieces of cinnamon sticks for additional decoration.