Chicken, Prawn, & Chorizo Paella recipe. It's a traditional Spanish dish that's packed with so much flavor and texture, it's hard to resist.First, you sauté onions, garlic, and tomatoes, and then add in Arborio rice and chicken stock to cook it all together. But what really takes this dish to the next level is the combination of tender chicken, succulent prawns, and spicy chorizo. The flavors all blend together so perfectly, especially with the saffron-infused rice.To top it all off, you garnish the paella with fresh parsley and lemon wedges, which adds a zesty finish that just brings everything together. Trust me, this paella is a hearty and satisfying meal that's perfect for a family dinner or even for entertaining guests.
- 400g boneless and skinless chicken thighs, chopped
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 3/4 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Pinch of saffron
- 200g Spanish chorizo, thinly sliced
- 2 cups Arborio rice (or Spanish paella rice if you can find it)
- 4 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 200g prawns, deveined
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Marinate the chicken with paprika, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- In a large paella pan or frypan, heat some olive oil. Cook the garlic, onion, and chilli flakes.
- Add the chicken and cook for 7 mins, then add the chorizo. Once the chorizo has been browned, add the rice and toss it well to coat it in the flavours.
- Add the chicken stock and saffron. Chop the heads from the prawns and add them to the stock. Reserve the prawn bodies for later. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Put the lid on the pan and leave it to cook for 20-25 mins. Stir the rice and add the lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the prawn bodies and cook for a further 8 mins, or until they have turned pink.
- Serve with extra wedges of lemon.