Chicken, Prawn, & Chorizo PaellaCourse: Chicken Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Main Food Recipes, Seafood Recipes, Spanish Kitchen
400g boneless and skinless chicken thighs, chopped
1 Tbsp paprika
3/4 Tbsp smoked paprika
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 tsp chilli flakes
Pinch of saffron
200g Spanish chorizo, thinly sliced
2 cups Arborio rice (or Spanish paella rice if you can find it)
4 1/2 cups chicken stock
200g prawns, deveined
Juice of 1 lemon
- Marinate the chicken with paprika, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- In a large paella pan or frypan, heat some olive oil. Cook the garlic, onion, and chilli flakes.
- Add the chicken and cook for 7 mins, then add the chorizo. Once the chorizo has been browned, add the rice and toss it well to coat it in the flavours.
- Add the chicken stock and saffron. Chop the heads from the prawns and add them to the stock. Reserve the prawn bodies for later. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Put the lid on the pan and leave it to cook for 20-25 mins. Stir the rice and add the lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the prawn bodies and cook for a further 8 mins, or until they have turned pink.
- Serve with extra wedges of lemon.