Monkfish Asian Shiitake CouscousCourse: Asian Kitchen, Main Food Recipes
1 lb Monkfish
8oz shiitake mushrooms finely chopped
8oz baby Bella mushrooms finely chopped
1 Medium leek finely chopped
1 clove of garlic finely chopped
1/4 cup couscous uncooked
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp black sesame seeds (or toasted white)
½ tsp ginger powder
1 pinch of salt
3 tbsp parsley very finely chopped
3oz cooking water
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 glove of garlic
- Heat sesame seed oil in a pan over medium high until shimmering. Add monkfish cook for about 10-15 mins or until cooked through. You will need to cook on all four sides, 3-5mins on each side. When done, remove from pan and set aside, covered.
- Clean the mushrooms, leek, parsley and chop very finely. Peel the garlic and chop. In the same pan as the fish was cooked, heat 1 tbsp sesame oil, add garlic and sauté. After 2 minutes add the leek and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then add mushrooms and chopped herbs, reduce the heat and stew until the mushrooms let water. Add the soy sauce, salt, ginger powder and sesame seeds and let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- While this is cooking, cook couscous in a separate pot to instructions. When done, add couscous to the mushroom mix. Remove the pan from the heat and Stir everything well.
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Mix 3oz water with 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of sesame seed oil and one pressed clove of garlic in saucepan over low heat until warm.
- Plate mushroom mixture with fish laid atop. Pour warm gravy over the fish and serve!