Chicken Fajita Enchiladas with all the fixings
Chicken Fajita Enchiladas with all the fixingsCourse: Chicken Recipes, Mexican Kitchen
About 1 lb of chicken breast
1 pack of almond tortillas
1 white onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
- For the sauce:
2 cups beef broth
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Cilantro and lime
- In a crockpot, add your halved chicken breasts with all ingredients from enchilada sauce. Cook on high for 3 hours.
- When chicken is done cooking, shred and place in a bowl. Add leftover sauce to the measuring cup so you can easily pour.
- Over medium heat, sauté your bell pepper and onion with garlic powder, cumin, chili powder and salt & pepper till just cooked through. Add to another bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 and in a baking dish, add about 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce to coat the dish.
- Add about another 1/2 cup and 1/3 cup chopped cilantro to the shredded chicken and mix well.
- Assemble about 1/3 cup and a spoonful of veggie mix to the tortilla and carefully roll. Add to the baking dish so that the opening is faced down.
- Pour the rest of the sauce over the enchiladas and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- To make crema: I used a spoonful of coconut cream, half an avocado, juice from one lime and a handful of cilantro. Blended together until fully combined.
- For toppings, I used diced radish, tomato and avocado. Drizzle with crema, then add fixings on top with another squeeze of lime and extra cilantro and enjoy!