Cast Iron CornbreadCourse: Pastry Recipes, Snacks
1.5c AP Flour
1/2c Corn Meal
1T Baking Powder
1t Kosher Salt
2 Eggs, beaten
1 Stick butter, softened
1/2 Can Creamed Corn
1-2 Cups Sharp Cheddar
1/4c Scallions, finely chopped
- In a bowl mix together the dry ingredients well.
- In another bowl mix all the remaining ingredients reserving some cheddar and scallions to top the bread with.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir only until just combined.
- Be careful to not overmix! Once everything has come together let it rest on the counter for 20 minutes.
- While it rests preheat the oven to 350° and butter the inside of a 12” cast iron skillet, (9×13” pan will work too,) make sure it’s all covered so you do not get any sticking!
- Add your batter to the pan and smooth out the top, add a little cheddar for some additional color.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick pushed into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool and garnish with some fresh scallions.