Cake “Red Velvet”
- Wheat flour 340 g
- Sugar 300 g
- Cocoa powder 1 tablespoon
- Salt ¼ tsp.
- Soda 1 tsp.
- Baking Powder 2 teaspoons
- 3 eggs
- Deodorized refined vegetable oil 300 ml
- 35% cream 150 ml
- Sour cream 20% 150 g
- Red food coloring 2 tsp.
- The dough is so simple that even there are no criteria what ingredients to add when. I did not turn on the mixer at all until I put the final ingredient. In a bowl, mix flour (340 g), sugar (300 g), a tablespoon of cocoa, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1 tsp soda and 2 tsp.baking powder.
- Then three eggs, odorless vegetable oil (300 g).
- At the end add the buttermilk (280 g). I replaced it with fat cream 33% (150 g) and sour cream 20% (130 g),
you can just take yogurt fatter. And red food coloring.
- It took me about 1.5-2 tsp for this amount of dough to get dyed. Here do not regret, the dough should be nuclear-red. Mix well with a mixer.
- The dough will be quite thin, do not worry, it should be. Leave it for 10–20 minutes, the whole point is that soda needs some time to react with the dairy ingredient.
- Lubricate the form with butter, and lay parchment on the bottom. And pour the required amount of dough. I made three cakes of 16 cm each. Either it will be two by 18. To be very professional, first weigh the empty bowl, and then the bowl with the finished dough. By mathematical calculations you will understand how much dough to pour into the form for each cake.
- We bake at 170 degrees for 20 minutes. Watch carefully. I in the 15th minute began to check with a skewer. As soon as she began to go dry, took out the form. Allow 2 minutes for the uniformed mold to cool on the wire rack, and then carefully remove the cake to the wire rack.
- Cool the form (I just rinse with cold water), brush again with oil, parchment on the bottom and forward. When the cakes cool, wrap each film and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- After two hours, remove the cakes and carefully cut off the top – most likely it will rise slightly in the center.
See what kind of porous cake turns out. And how delicious it is. Then you can grease cream cakes and collect the cake. I’ll show you how I did.
- In order for the cake to be beautiful, it is necessary to trim the ends (they turn red in the oven and become more brown than red). You can simply cut a thin layer with a knife, but I cut out a metal ring – the only way to get all the cakes of the same shape and size.
- Repeat the same with the remaining shortcakes. I repeat, if you cover it with cream on the outside – do not cut the sides, nobody will appreciate it anyway.
- I used cream cream, you know it well. Above it will be successful to plant roses – a sort of red brutality and white tenderness.
If you did it in my way, then prepare deep ice-cream bowls or wide glasses. Cut the cakes into small pieces of 2-3 cm by hand, lay out a layer of such pieces, top cream and so on up to the top. This is a great way to recycle all pruning (not just in this recipe). In this case, the taste will be the same, and two desserts.
Cream: curd cheese – 340 g.
Butter – 115 g.
Sugar powder – 100.
Vanilla extract – 2 tsp.
- This cream is the simplest – you do not need any skills or a complicated course of preparation, everything is simple.
And here is the most important and the only rule for you – very cold curd cheese, very soft butter.
That is, it is better to keep the cheese in the fridge all night long so that it is cold and hard enough. But oil on the contrary for a couple of hours (night) to hold in the kitchen on the table, so that it becomes soft and pliable. Only under such conditions you get a great cream with a delicate texture and taste. The course of action is the easiest – they put the ingredients in a bowl and beat them up with a mixer until smooth. It will take 5-7 minutes.
Such a cream is of course better to keep in the fridge, in a pastry bag it can lie for 5 days easily without losing its texture and properties. But one does not need to think that it is too gentle – all the same, icing sugar and curd cheese give him sufficient stability. That is, even at room temperature (about 17 degrees), the cake will easily stand for several days without losing its shape.
- Here is another of his properties – they can cover the sides and top of the cake, the cream does not “creep” and retains its shape. The same property is convenient when you make capkey caps or various “flowers” to decorate cakes.
- Here’s a piece of advice about which many people ask. If the powder squeaks or color is needed whiter, do this: First, beat the oil and powder with a mixer at the maximum, 5-10 minutes. And only then introduces cheese.
- At the mixing stage, you can flavor the cream, for example, by adding cocoa, or fruit purees. Here is an example of raspberry cream. Make raspberry puree (it doesn’t matter if it is frozen or fresh).
Now add a couple of spoons of mashed potatoes into the cream and mix. Bones can be removed by filtering the mash through a sieve, I did not. If you mix the cream a minute – it will turn out so marble with white and pink stains. Mix another 2-3 minutes – you get a smooth pink cream.
- There are also a lot of questions about curd cheese. First of all, do not confuse cream cheese and cottage cheese – the first looks more like melted cheese, the second looks like finely ground cottage cheese. If you try it out of a pack, it will be slightly salty, do not worry – the salt enhances the sweet ingredients and slightly shades them (so that the cream does not become cloying). For my desserts, I use Hochland, less often Almette.
You can even use soft ricotta or other cheeses, such as mascarpone and philadelphia – but the basic recipe will still be the same as I wrote above.