Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
If you’re a fan of classic desserts that never go out of style, then carrot cake with cream cheese frosting is definitely on your list. This timeless treat is easy to make and perfect for any occasion. We’ll guide you through the process of baking a moist and delicious carrot cake from scratch and show you how to make the perfect cream cheese frosting to complement it.
For the Carrot Cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups grated carrots
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- In a large bowl, beat together the sugar and vegetable oil until well combined. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Stir in the grated carrots.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let the cake cool completely before frosting.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese until creamy. Gradually add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract, beating until smooth and creamy.
- Once the cake has cooled completely, spread the cream cheese frosting over the top. You can garnish with some chopped nuts or fresh carrot shreds for added texture and flavor.
- Make sure to use freshly grated carrots for the best texture and flavor.
- You can add some chopped nuts or raisins to the batter for added crunch and sweetness.
- For a lighter texture, you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour with cake flour.
- You can also use a cream cheese frosting with added orange zest or lemon juice for a tangy twist.
This recipe sounds absolutely delicious! I love the combination of sweet and tangy flavors in a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. The recipe seems easy to follow and the ingredients are simple, yet flavorful. Grated carrots give the cake a moist and tender texture, while cinnamon and nutmeg add warmth and depth of flavor.