Popular dessert eggless tiramisu is a rendition of the classic Italian tiramisu recipe without the use of raw eggs. Instead, soaked ladyfinger biscuits are layered with a mixture of whipped cream, sugar, coffee, rum/brandy, mascarpone cheese, and coffee. The dessert is then chilled for a few hours or overnight in the refrigerator to allow the flavors to meld and the biscuits to soften. Before serving, the dessert's top is dusted with cocoa powder, which gives the creamy filling a different texture and a hint of chocolate flavor. The end result is a decadent dessert that is rich, creamy, and slightly boozy tasting.The eggless version is ideal for those who are allergic to eggs or prefer not to consume raw eggs.
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 200ml heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee, cooled
- 1/4 cup rum or brandy
- 24-30 ladyfinger biscuits
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Optional: chocolate shavings for garnish
- Whisk together the mascarpone cheese and sugar in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Whip the heavy cream in a separate bowl until soft peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture gently until well combined.
- Combine the cooled coffee and rum/brandy in a shallow dish.
- Dip each ladyfinger biscuit into the coffee and rum mixture, ensuring that both sides are saturated. In a 9×13 inch baking dish, arrange the soaked biscuits in a single layer.
- Spread half of the mascarpone mixture evenly over the soaked biscuits.
- Repeat with the remaining mascarpone mixture and another layer of soaked biscuits.
- Refrigerate the dish for at least 4 hours, or overnight, covered in plastic wrap.
- Dust the top of the tiramisu with cocoa powder and optional chocolate shavings before serving.