Cabbage soup with rye bread and cheese
- 700 g of cabbage, cut into large pieces
- 300 g of rye bread
- 30 ml of grape seed oil
- 6 cloves garlic
- 50 g of white onion in large pieces
- 1.5 l of broth
- 200 ml of cider or white wine
- 2 sprigs of rosemary or thyme
- 100 g Emmental cheese, coarsely grated
- 30 g of Grana Padano cheese, finely grated
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a cast-iron pan, add onion and garlic and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and fry for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat the broth with wine and herbs in a saucepan.
- Between the cabbage, put in slices of bread, add cheese, pour the broth and cook in the oven until the cabbage is tender.
- You can add more cheese when serving.