Breakfast TostadasCourse: Breakfast Recipes, Mexican KitchenDifficulty: Easy
2 corn tortillas
1/4 C avocado oil
1 small russet potato, diced
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 large handful of spinach
3 eggs, whisked
Spices (I use a sprinkle of each): chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper
Hot sauce to serve
- Heat avocado oil in a small skillet over med/high heat until shimmering. One at a time, Carefully brown both sides of the corn tortillas (2-3 min per side). Set aside on a paper towel to drain the oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Important to do this right when they come out of the skillet!!!
- In a separate skillet, add 1 Tbsp of cooking oil and heat on med/high heat. Add potatoes, minced garlic and spices. Cook for 5-6 min, stirring periodically until charred and yummy.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted. Remove from heat. In the same skillet, cook whisked eggs over low heat, stirring constantly until cooked through.
- Assemble your tostadas! On top of the crisped tortilla, add a layer of the potato and spinach mixture, top with scrambled eggs and a drizzle of your favorite hot sauce!
- Sliced avocado would also be a great addition to this and Serve!