Tropical Pineapple Coconut BreadCourse: Dessert Recipes
100g Unsalted Butter, softened
⅔ Cup Granulated Sugar
½ Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
½ Tbsp Vanilla
½ or 1 Tsp Pineapple Essence (it depends on how rich you want the cake with pineapple flavor)
½ Tsp Rum Essence (optional)
1 ¼ Cups Flour
1 Tsp Baking Powder
¼ Tsp Salt
1 Cup Shredded Coconut + more for the top
¾ Cup Pineapple, cut into very small cubes
- In a bowl, combine together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, greek yogurt, vanilla, pineapple essence and rum essence and beat until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the shredded coconut and the diced pineapple.
- Pour the batter into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper and sprinkle 2-3 tbsp of coconut on top of the cake.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!