Esterhazy cakeCourse: Dessert Recipes, Pastry Recipes
Almond flour 250 g
Egg white 325 g
Sugar 750 g
Milk 300 ml
Vanilla sugar 10 g
Egg yolk 30 g
Butter 375 g
Almond paste 80 g
Kirsch 30 ml
Corn starch 15 g
Wheat flour 20 g
Lemon juice 1 tsp
Apricot confiture 100 g
Cocoa powder 20 g
Almond petals 100 g
- Pour 500 grams of sugar in a saucepan, add 150 ml of water, put on the fire, bring to a boil and cook for 3-4 minutes, pour in a teaspoon of lemon juice, boil for another minute. Then bring to a temperature of 115 degrees, remove from heat, pour the syrup into a clean bowl and allow to cool to 40-50 degrees.
- Beat the cooled syrup with a wooden spoon, it will take from 15 to 30 minutes. During this time, the syrup should turn white and thicken a little. Cover the resulting fudge film and leave for 2-3 hours at room temperature.
- Proteins for cakes, it is desirable to age, for this you need to cover them with a film so that it touches them, and leave them overnight at room temperature. Beat the whites until soft peaks, then, continuing to beat, add sugar to them in a thin stream and beat until hard peaks.
- Add sifted almond flour to the squirrels and mix gently, moving upwards. Put the dough in a pastry bag.
- On baking paper to deposit the dough in the form of round cakes. For greater accuracy, you can draw circles on the back of the paper. It should be 6 cakes with a diameter of 23 cm. Sprinkle the cakes with powdered sugar, leave for 10 minutes, then sprinkle with powder again and send to the oven heated to 170 degrees for 25 minutes. Cool the finished cakes to room temperature.
- In a small saucepan, bring 250 ml of milk to the boil, along with 75 grams of sugar and vanilla sugar. Separately, lightly beat the remaining milk with yolks, add wheat flour and starch and mix until smooth. Continuing to beat, pour the hot milk into the yolk mass, then pour it all back into the saucepan, put on a slow fire and stir with a whisk until the mass thickens. Do not let the cream boil.
- Put the resulting cream in a mixer bowl and beat at medium speed until it cools to room temperature. It takes 10-15 minutes. Gradually add the butter, continuing to beat, then nougat and kirsch.
- Assemble the cake, covering each cake with cream. Top cake to put a smooth side up and do not grease it with cream. Slightly pinch the cake on top, distribute the cream on the walls of the cake.
- Heat apricot confiture in a skillet so that it is slightly liquefied, rub it through a sieve. Brush with confiture top cake. Sprinkle almonds on the sides of the cake and refrigerate for an hour.
- A small part of the sugar fudge mixed with cocoa and put into a pastry bag with a nozzle with a very small hole. Coat the top of the cake with white fudge, draw circles on it with chocolate fudge and quickly hold a skewer or a toothpick over them to create a pattern resembling a spider web. Ready cake to put in the fridge at night.