Roasted Red Pepper PastaCourse: Pasta Recipes
- Pasta sauce ingredients:
1/2 red bell pepper
5 cherry tomatoes
1/4 small white onion
1 clove garlic
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
salt and pepper to taste
chili flakes to taste
pasta water (reserve 1/2 c)
1/2 tsp cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Roast the red bell pepper and cherry tomatoes for about 20-25 minutes, or until they are soft and the tomatoes are bursting.
- Chop the onion and garlic and sauté for 5-7 minutes.
- Peel the skin off of the bell pepper.
- Add everything to your blender and add a tablespoon of pasta water at a time. Keep adding pasta water until you reach a thin consistency.
- Add the sauce to a pot and simmer until it starts to thicken. Add in your pasta noodles and some veg if you like.