Popeye’s Nut-Free Pesto
Popeye’s Nut-Free PestoCourse: Italian Kitchen, Pasta Recipes
250g of spaghetti
2 tightly packed cups of fresh baby spinach, (about 100g)
1 tightly packed cup of fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup of olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
3 tbsp of Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of freshly grounded black pepper
1 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice
Extra grated Parmesan cheese for serving
Smoked salmon bits (but you can use whatever meat you like)
- In a blender, add your baby spinach, basil, garlic, olive oil, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and lemon, and blend everything together until a thick and creamy paste is formed.
- Taste the pesto sauce and add more salt and pepper if required, then set aside.
- Next, boil a pot of water and generously season with salt. Once the water is boiling rapidly, cook your spaghetti according to the package instructions and remove it from the pot once al dente.
- Place the cooked spaghetti in a large bowl, pour the pesto sauce in, and mix everything until well combined. Add a ladle or two of pasta water while mixing to create a luscious sauce.
- Once everything is well mixed, plate your pasta, top it off with smoked salmon bits or any meat of your choice, and lastly sprinkle on some extra Parmesan cheese.