Creamy Tortellini with Mushrooms and Green PeppersCourse: Pasta Recipes
1 Cup cremini mushrooms, quartered
3 Cloves of garlic, minced
1 Cup green pepper, diced into large cubes
2 Cups heavy cream
3 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 Tbsp flour
1/4 Cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Fresh cracked black pepper
- Cook the tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute till fragrant. Add mushrooms, green peppers, salt and cook until tender. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add butter to skillet, sprinkle flour over the melted butter and stir until a light paste forms.
- Gradually whisk in cream until smooth and fully incorporated. Let the sauce simmer for 1-2 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Add cooked and drained tortellini, garlic, mushrooms and green peppers to the cream sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in mozzarella cheese and turn off heat. Taste, add salt if needed. Top with cracked black pepper.