ChouquettesCourse: Dessert Recipes, Snacks
100g milk + 30g water
1 tbsp sugar
Vanilla powder and 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a saucepan, bring to boil the milk with butter, sugar, vanilla and a pinch of salt.
- As soon as the milk is boiling, remove it from the heat and add the flour all at once and mix with a spatula.
- Put the preparation back on low heat without stopping stirring until you get a paste that comes away from the pan (it will be quick 2-3min).
- Transfer your dough to a container and wait for it to cool a little.
- Add an egg and beat until fully incorporated, then repeat with the 2nd egg. You have to get a point at the end of your spoon when you dip it then take it out of your dough, if you have this point in the first egg, do not incorporate the 2nd.
- Transfer the mixture to a piping bag and place your chouquettes on a baking sheet.
- You can flatten the tip of the puffs with your moistened finger.
- Generously add the pearl sugar to coat each chouquette well.
- Bake the chouquettes for 18min or a little more depending on your oven (they must be well colored). Then open your oven and leave them in the hot oven for 5 minutes.