Chorizo, Chilli, Tomato & Mascarpone OrzoCourse: Main Food Recipes
3 x Tbsp Mascarpone
1 x Red Onion
1 x Red Chilli
3/4 of a Chorizo
Salt & Pepper
4 x Garlic Cloves
- Finely slice the onion, garlic and chilli.
- Remove the skin from the chorizo and slice thinly at an angle.
- Add a splash of olive oil to a pan on a low-medium heat.
- Add the onions to the pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the sliced chorizo to the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the chilli and garlic to the pan and heat for 30 seconds, ensuring not to burn the garlic.
- Pour in the Passata, stir to mix, lower the heat to a simmer and cover with a lid.
- Simmer on low for 15-20 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Cook Orzo in salted boiling water until al dente.
- Once cooked, drain the orzo but retain some of the pasta water.
- Once the sauce has thickened, add 1-2 ladles of the pasta water to the sauce and stir.
- Add 3 tbsps of Mascarpone and stir through the sauce (Add more or less depending on how creamy you like).
- Add your cooked orzo to the sauce and stir to coat.
- Serve and top with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese and black pepper.