Cheddar Cheese Soup From Le CellierCourse: Soup Recipes
1/4 Pound Bacon
1/2 Red Onion, diced
2 Ribs Celery, diced
2 Tablespoons Butter
1/2 cup Flour
2 cups Chicken Stock
2 cups Whole Milk
8 oz White Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1/2 Tablespoon Tabasco
1/2 Tablespoon Worcestershire
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4 Cup Beer (light beer or lagers work best)
Chives and Cooked Bacon for Topping
- In a soup pot, cook 1/4 pound chopped bacon, over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until browned, string frequently to prevent burning.
- Then add in 1/2 diced red onion, 2 ribs diced celery, and 2 Tablespoons butter. Cook until the onions become transparent, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of flour and cooking stirring constantly until it becomes a light golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Then add in 2 cups chicken stock, boil for 1 minute, then reduce the heat let simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Add 2 cups whole milk, and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add in 8 oz white cheddar cheese, 1/2 Tablespoon Tabasco, 1/2 Tablespoon Worcestershire, add salt and pepper to take. Blend with an immersion blender, a regular blender, or food processor until smooth. (I stopped the blend to leave the soup a little chunkier and I loved it) Stir in 1/4 cup warmed beer and fully stir to combine.
- Top with chives and crumbled bacon and enjoy!