Cajun Chicken PastaCourse: American Kitchen, Chicken Recipes, Main Food Recipes, Pasta Recipes
8oz pasta (I use either farfalle or penne)
1 cup heavy cream
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 large tomato
1 lime/lime juice
Chili garlic paste
1 small red onion
1 yellow bell pepper
1 tbsp of tomato paste
1 tbsp of crushed sundried tomatoes
1/4 cup of shredded parmesan
1/4 of mozzarella (to taste)
Crushed red pepper flakes
Salt and black pepper
- Tenderize and chop chicken into bite-sized pieces, and marinate in 4 tbsp of avocado oil, about 2 tsp of lime juice, 1 tbsp of Cajun seasoning, 1/2 Tbsp of smoked paprika, 2 tsp of minced garlic, 2 tsp of chili garlic paste, 2 tsp of parsley, and salt and pepper. Let sit for at least 10 minutes. Then add to a small pan and fry until completely cooked (once finished, there might be a lot of water in the pan. Drain it before adding the chicken to the pasta).
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions. While pasta is cooking, in a large pan with oil, sautee chopped onion, tomato, and bell pepper. Once soft, add 1 tbsp of minced garlic, sundried tomatoes, 1 tbsp of chili garlic paste, 1/2 Tbsp of crushed red pepper flakes, and tomato paste. Stir well until combined.
- Add heavy cream and turn heat to low. Stir well. Add 3 tsp of smoked paprika, 1 tbsp of Cajun seasoning, dried parsley, and salt/pepper, to taste. Slowly add pasta water in tablespoons. Do so until you reach the desired consistency (you want it to be a little bit runny because the cheese will thicken it).
- Add cheese and turn heat to low. Stir constantly and remove from heat to keep the cheese from getting stringy. Drain pasta and add pasta and chicken to the pan and stir.
- Serve with fresh parsley, parmesan, and crushed red pepper.