Salmon en croûteCourse: French Kitchen, Seafood RecipesDifficulty: Medium
220g salmon fillet
1 sheet puff pastry
A handful of spinach
1 tsp Minced garlic
100g Cream cheese
salt and pepper
- Add spinach and garlic in a hot pan. Cook for a few minutes without oil. As spinach wilts, drain all the water out from the spinach. Set aside, cool down. Mix well with cream cheese, salt and pepper.
- On a lightly floured work surface, place the puff pastry and cut into a rectangle which is slightly bigger than the salmon fillet. Save up the leftover pastry.
- Remove the salmon skin, dry it with paper towel. Season with salt and pepper. Put in the middle of the puff pastry sheet. Place cream cheese mixture on top.
- Brush the egg wash on the edges of the pastry. Fold one side of the pastry over to cover the fillet. Wrap until the fillet is well-sealed.
- Place the wrapped fillet upside down on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Brush egg wash all over the, then with a sharp knife, make few cuts on top in each direction in a crosshatch pattern.
- Bake the wrapped salmon fillet in a preheated oven at 220 C for 20 mins or until the party is golden and cooked through.
- Serve hot, enjoy!