Marinated tongue with cranberry sauce
- 1 beef tongue
- 1 small carrot
- 1 large garlic clove
- 100 ml of dry red wine
- 3 spoons mayonnaise
- 1 spoon soy sauces
- 100 g of frozen cranberries
- 150 ml of water
- 1 onion
- 1 spoon oils
- 1 tsp. starch
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ground pepper
- The tongue is carefully prepared, dried and rubbed with salt and pepper.
- Peel the carrot and garlic and cut them into thin slices. In a few places, the tongue is cut slightly and carrots and garlic are filled in the cut.
- Whisk wine with mayonnaise and soy sauce.
- Use special bag for baking: Put tongue in it, pour the marinade and close it.
- Place in a refrigerator for at least 4 to 5 hours. From time to time shake it.
- The oven is heated to 200 degrees. The top of the bag is pierced in several places and placed in the oven. Bake for 3-4 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce: peel the onion and very finely chopped. Heat the oil in the pan and fry the onion until they gets golden.
- Add the cranberries and simmer for 5 minutes. Add 100 ml of water and boil for a few more minutes. Passes through a strainer and gently squeezes the thickness with a spoon.
- Now put it back in the pan, add sugar, salt and pepper. The starch is mixed in the remaining water and mixed in the sauce. Boil.
- Slowly cool the tongue, remove the skin, cut the slices and pour the sauce.