Let me tell you about this amazing blackberry and mandarin baked cheesecake recipe! It's a perfect combination of tangy blackberries and sweet mandarins mixed with a rich, creamy cheesecake filling. The crust is made from crushed biscuits and melted butter, which gives it a nice crunchy texture. The filling is made from cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract, which all blend together perfectly. But the real magic happens when you add a layer of blackberry and mandarin puree on top of the filling, giving it a burst of fruity flavor. Once it's baked to a golden brown, it's the perfect dessert to serve at any occasion. Trust me, you won't regret trying this recipe!
- 100g butter, chilled and cubed
- 1 1/3 cups plain flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- 500g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup cream
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 mandarin, zest and juice
- 2 Tbsp plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 200g frozen blackberries, thawed
- Icing sugar and freeze-dried berries (optional)
- Grease and line the base of a 22cm springform cake tin with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, rub butter and the first measure of flour together until crumbed. Gradually add the milk and mix until combined. Refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Roll the pastry out on a floured surface and line the base and sides of the prepared cake tin. Refrigerate for 20 mins then blind bake for 20 mins. Remove from oven.
- Turn the oven down to 160C.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and mandarin zest until smooth. Beat in the (second measure of) flour and mandarin juice.
- Beat the eggs in one at a time, followed by the cream.
- Fill the cake shell with the filling. Scatter the blackberries and lightly push to submerge into the filling. Bake for 60-70 mins or until the center has set. Turn off the oven, leaving the cake in to cool with the door open. Refrigerate overnight.
- Dust with icing sugar and freeze-dried berries before serving.