Blackberry and mandarin baked cheesecakeCourse: Dessert Recipes
100g butter, chilled and cubed
1 1/3 cups plain flour
1/3 cup milk
500g cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup cream
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 mandarin, zest and juice
2 Tbsp plain flour
200g frozen blackberries, thawed
Icing sugar and freeze-dried berries (optional)
- Grease and line the base of a 22cm springform cake tin with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, rub butter and the first measure of flour together until crumbed. Gradually add the milk and mix until combined. Refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Roll the pastry out on a floured surface and line the base and sides of the prepared cake tin. Refrigerate for 20 mins then blind bake for 20 mins. Remove from oven.
- Turn the oven down to 160C.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and mandarin zest until smooth. Beat in the (second measure of) flour and mandarin juice.
- Beat the eggs in one at a time, followed by the cream.
- Fill the cake shell with the filling. Scatter the blackberries and lightly push to submerge into the filling. Bake for 60-70 mins or until the center has set. Turn off the oven, leaving the cake in to cool with the door open. Refrigerate overnight.
- Dust with icing sugar and freeze-dried berries before serving.