A quick and saucy strapatsada
A quick and saucy strapatsadaCourse: Greek Recipes
3 tbsp olive oil
2 cups crushed tomatoes
salt and pepper
1 pinch sugar (optional)
4 eggs, beaten
4 oz feta, broken into large chunks
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Aleppo or Espelette pepper, to taste
- In a small frying pan, combine the oil, tomato, salt, pepper and sugar over medium heat. Let simmer until reduced and thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Pour in beaten egg and feta. Stir through gently but don’t make the mixture totally homogenous.
- Allow too cook till the egg is set, stirring once or twice, about 5 min.
- Towards the end, stir through the parsley and sprinkle with your chili powder/flakes of choice, if you want some spice!
- Serve with good bread. Or, try hash browns or fries fried in, of course, olive oil!