Keema CurryCourse: Indian Kitchen, Main Food Recipes
500g of lean beef/steak mince
1 large onion, finely chopped
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
1-2 large carrots, finely chopped
2.5 teaspoons of ground cumin
2.5 teaspoon of ground coriander
1.5 teaspoon of chilli powder
1 teaspoon of turmeric
1 teaspoon of garam masala
1 heaped teaspoon of ginger puree
4 tablespoons of tomato purée
600ml of beef stock (we use 2 stock cubes)
Frozen peas (as little or as much as you like)
salt & pepper to taste
- Spray a large frying pan with some spray oil (med heat).
- Add carrot, onion, garlic & ginger and cook for around 5 mins or until soft.
- Add the beef, break up with a wooden spoon & cook until browned.
- Add in the spices and tomato paste & stir until your meat is fully coated.
- Add the stock, bring to a boil & then turn down to a simmer until the sauce has reduced to a thicker consistency – around 25-30mins.
- Add your peas around the 25 minute mark then season with salt and black pepper.
- Serve with basmati rice & veggies.