Szechuan salt & pepper shrimp
Szechuan salt & pepper shrimpCourse: Chinese Kitchen, Main Food Recipes, Seafood RecipesDifficulty: Easy
1 lb jumbo shrimp
8-10 cloves of garlic (minced)
6 shishito peppers (you can use any peppers, even thai)
1 tbsp whole Szechuan peppercorn
1 cup cooking oil
3/4 cup corn starch
chili flakes (optional)
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium. In the meantime, coat the shrimp in corn starch.
- Once the oil starts to smoke, fry the shrimp on each side for 30 seconds and set aside on a paper towel.
- In a wok, heat 2 tbsp oil from the skillet, and add in the garlic.
- As it starts to brown slightly, add the peppercorn and the peppers.
- When the garlic has browned and the peppers blistered, add the shrimp and toss until everything is evenly coated.
- Serve with a side of rice and soy sauce.