Stuffed Bell PeppersCourse: Main Food Recipes
6 large bell peppers
salt and pepper to taste
1lb of ground beef
1/2 cup of yellow onion diced
tablespoon of minced garlic
1 zucchini diced
tablespoon of soy sauce
1/2 cup of tomato sauce
1/2 cup of shredded cheese of choice, plus a bit extra for topping
1/4 cup of parsley
2 cups of white rice (the recipe calls for 2 cups but I think 1 cup is fine)
- Cook the rice and have it ready to go.
- Prepare the peppers. Cut off the tips and remove the insides. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place them in a baking sheet lightly greased. Prep the oven for 375°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When ready, put the beef in the skillet and cook for 6-8 minutes until the beef is fully browned. Make sure to chop the beef up while cooking.
- Mix in the garlic, onions, parsley, and zucchini. Mix well and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Next add in the soy sauce, tomato sauce, and salt n pepper to taste. Mix well. Lower heat down to a simmer. Let the beef mixture cook for about 5 minutes.
- Mix in the rice and cheese. Take the skillet off the heat and set it aside.
- Fill each pepper with the beef mixture. Sprinkle cheese on top. Place in the oven and cook for 40-45 minutes. The peppers should be soft and the cheese on top will be well melted. Set aside and let it cook for 5 minutes. Add fresh parsley for garnish if you choose.