Spinach & Cheese Stuffed Pasta ShellsCourse: Pasta Recipes
30 pasta shells; boiled for 10 min and drained
1 – 300g frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 – 475g container ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese, divided
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
Salt & pepper to taste
1L jar marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a bowl mix spinach, ricotta, parmesan, 1 cup of mozzarella, egg & spices.
- Spread some pasta sauce to the bottom of baking dish.
- Fill shells with cheese mixture using a spoon or pipe using a resealable bag with a corner tip cut off.
- Align stuffed shells in a row tightly to prevent them from opening.
- Top with remaining sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 min.
- Spread remaining mozzarella cheese, bake for 5 min or until cheese is melted and bubbly.