Spinach & Cheese Stuffed Pasta Shells Recipe
- 30 pasta shells; boiled for 10 min and drained
- 1 – 300g frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 – 475g container ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1L jar marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a bowl mix spinach, ricotta, parmesan, 1 cup of mozzarella, egg & spices.
- Spread some pasta sauce to the bottom of baking dish.
- Fill shells with cheese mixture using a spoon or pipe using a resealable bag with a corner tip cut off.
- Align stuffed shells in a row tightly to prevent them from opening.
- Top with remaining sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 min.
- Spread remaining mozzarella cheese, bake for 5 min or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
I made this recipe and it was okay, but I think it could use more spice.