Looking for a scrumptious and elegant dish to impress your guests or to indulge in a luxurious dinner? Look no further than Saffron and Lemon Risotto with Seared Scallops. This creamy, tangy, and savory dish is perfect for any occasion, from a romantic date night to a fancy dinner party. With the vibrant flavors of saffron, lemon, parmesan cheese, and seared scallops, this dish will tantalize your taste buds and leave you craving for more.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 large scallops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes, until softened.
- Add the Arborio rice and stir for 1-2 minutes until it is coated with the oil and lightly toasted.
- Pour in the dry white wine and stir until it is absorbed.
- Add the vegetable broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly and waiting for each addition to be absorbed before adding more.
- After about 20 minutes, when the rice is almost cooked, stir in the saffron threads, lemon zest, lemon juice, and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate pan, melt the butter over high heat. Add the scallops and sear for about 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve the risotto topped with the seared scallops.