Pork Chop, Apple Cider Gravy with Black Pudding Mashed PotatoCourse: Dinner Recipes, Meat Recipes
- Apple Cider Sauce:
1 large Tbsp Butter
1 tbsp of flour
200ml Dry Cider
200ml Pork/ Chicken Stock
- Make a roux (Large tbsp of Butter and 1 tbsp of flour. Whisk over a low-medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Pour both the Cider & Stock into a jug.
- Slowly pour in the Cider/ Stock a bit at a time to the roux, whisking continuously, until you have poured it all in.
- Continue to whisk and bring to the boil, simmer for about 3 minutes until it has thickened, then take off the heat and season.
- Pork Chop:
- I prefer to Grill chops or loin steaks. Simply season well with Salt, Pepper & a little olive oil, then grill under a high heat for around 3-4 minutes was high side, that’s all it takes. You should end up with a moist tender meat & a crispy strip of the fat on the outer.