Pets De Nonne (Nun’s puff)
Pets De Nonne (Nun’s puff)Course: Dessert Recipes, French Kitchen
40g unsalted butter
250 ml water
A pinch of salt
1 sachet of vanilla sugar
40 g sugar (optional)
- Melt the butter in the water and once it starts simmering, add the flour.
- Mix it very quickly with a wooden spoon. Be careful not to let it burn. You can turn off the heat if you’re scared to burn it.
- Once your dough forms a ball and doesn’t stick to your pot anymore, you can take it off the heat and let it cool down a bit.
- Then, when your dough has cooled down a little bit, you can have your eggs one by one.
- Mix quickly every time you had one egg so that it doesn’t cook.
- Once you are done, you can now fry it on low to medium heat.
- Once it’s cooked, sprinkle it with icing sugar, but if you don’t have it, use regular sugar. In that case, I advise you to melt 40g of sugar in the water with the butter at the beginning to make sure that your pets de none taste better.