Orecchiette In A Mushroom Cream SauceCourse: Pasta Recipes
Every now and then you just need to indulge….add the cream and savor every mouthful!
This delicious recipe comes together quite easily. The orecchiette pasta is perfect for this dish because the ingredients get nestled into every little pocket. This one is worth every bite!
1 package of orecchiette pasta
2 packages (227g) of cremini mushrooms, sliced
4 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of butter
1 large cooking onion, diced Note: I used leeks
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves removed
1/2 cup of white wine
1 1/4 cup of heavy cream
1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
Zest of half a lemon
Juice of half a lemon
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan, plus more for topping
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 mushroom bouillon cube, crumbled
Reserved pasta water
A handful of parsley, minced
- In a heavy bottom sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive, add onions and cook until soft and translucent. Add garlic and thyme and sauté. Once cooked, remove and set aside.
- Heat additional 2 tablespoons of olive oil and butter. Add mushrooms and cook until browned (approximately 8-10 minutes).
- While mushrooms are cooking, cook orecchiette as per package instructions to al dente.
- Add onion mixture to cooked mushrooms, add salt and pepper to your liking. Add crumbled bouillon and stir well.
- Add wine and reduce for 1 minute. Stir in your thawed peas.
- Pour in the cream, add your lemon zest and juice and stir. Bring mixture to a simmer.
- Drain your pasta (reserve some of the pasta water). Add your orecchiette to the mixture and stir, add parmesan and stir well. If more liquid is desired, add some pasta water until you get your consistency. Taste and add more salt, pepper and parmesan if required. Top with parsley and stir. Serve immediately with an additional sprinkle of parmesan cheese.